1. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are our authority in matters of faith and conduct.
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof,
for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16).
2. We believe that Scripture reveals God to us as three persons in one being, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…” (Matthew 28:19).
3. We believe that man has fallen and rebelled against God by his own will.
“ for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” (Romans 3:23).
4. We believe that we are saved solely by the grace of God in Christ.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God…” (Ephesians 2:8)
5. We believe we are justified by the blood of Jesus Christ shed for us.
“and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ
Jesus…” (Romans 3:24).
6. We believe that salvation is free to all through faith in Jesus Christ.
“ For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.”
7. We believe that in order to be saved, one must be born again.
“Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he
cannot see the kingdom of God.”” (John 3:3).
8. We believe that those who are born again have repented of theirs sins and believed in the Lord Jesus Christ.
“Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins” (Acts 2:37-38).
9. We believe that God has sovereignly and graciously chosen us.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
10. We believe that God desires us to grow in grace and holiness.
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10).
11. We believe that true believers persevere to the end.
“But the one who endures to the end will be saved” (Matthew 24:13)
12. We believe the gospel fulfills the just requirements of the law.
“For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.” (Romans 8:3-4).
13. We believe that a local church is made up of baptized believers, and is
led by a plurality of elders.
“To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:” (1 Corinthians 1:2)
“ So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.” (Acts 2:41)
“This is why I left you in Crete, so that you might put what remained into order, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you—” (Titus 1:5).
14. We practice believers baptism and communion for followers of Christ.
“ Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus. And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.” (Acts 8:35-39)
“Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.” (1 Corinthians 10:17).
15. We believe the Christian Sabbath is the Lord’s Day.
“ I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet” (Revelation 1:10).
“On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight.” (Acts 20:7).
16. We believe that all earthly authorities are established by God.
“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no
authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.”
17. We believe that no one is righteous, but those the Lord justifies.
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people from one another as a shepherd separates sheep from the goats…And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:31, 46).
18. We believe that Christ will come again, to judge the living and the dead.
“Then they will see the ‘the Son of Man coming the in clouds’ with great power and glory. Then he will send out his angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.” (Mark 13:26-27).
“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”